So there was a bit of a blog hiatus this week as I struggled to combine my day work and blogging but I expect that the posts will go back to normal in the coming weeks.
Anyhow, I am very excited about this post as it’s a first in my ‘5 out 1 in’ series. If you didn’t read my introductory post, the idea is that in the coming months, I am trying to use up as many products as possible (to declutter my already cluttered teeny home).
I have been working my way through a number of products over the last couple of weeks and wanted to share the first ‘victims’.
Faux, to be precise. But yes, unfortunately it is still cold enough in London to wear one of my favorite jackets. I wore this outfit to a date in Brixton on Sunday. It had a nice casual vibe (teamed with my obscenely loud New Balances) and I really enjoyed wearing it. I do think the fur jacket pulled the outfit together and added extra oompf. What do you think?
As my blog is in it’s very very early stages (I think I am in week 2 of blogging), it might be fun for you to get to know me a bit better. So, here it goes, 10 random facts about me:
1. I am originally from Lithuania but have lived in the UK for almost 10 years.
2. I am a chartered accountant.
3. When I am sad, I watch Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s stone.
4. If Harry Potter does not do the trick, I put on Relentlessly Red by Mac, which is my favorite lipstick.
5. My first designer hand bag was Chloe’s Padlock bag.
6. I have always wanted to see the northern lights and went to Iceland last year to do so. It was cloudy the whole time and I saw nothing.
7. I am addicted to Serial podcasts. Did Adnan do it? Didn’t he? Why would Jay lie?
8. My favourite TV show at the moment is ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’.
9. Peonies are my favorite flowers.
10. McDonald’s applie pie is still one of my favorite desserts ever.
So a couple of blog posts ago, I mentioned how I was enjoying clashing different prints in my outfit. I was going through my Japan pictures and realised that the shirt and dress combo wasn’t the only outfit where different prints clashed/matched.
I wore an old Zara skirt (probably one of my most worn items) with a Uniqlo checked shirt.
The brogues were purchased in the Greenwich Market and sadly met their death in Japan (replacement pending).
I love the look – I am trying to branch out from the boring black outfits (and just purchased an amazing red dress – stay tuned).
On my recent trip to Japan, I was dying to see cherry blossoms. Unfortunately, we went there a few weeks too early for the sakura season which meant that I barely spotted any blossoms before my last day.
And then on my last day – voila! We went to the Shinjuku park and there were cherry trees, in all their glory and beauty!
£110 – revolveclothing.com
£74 – revolveclothing.com
£39 – asos.com
£36 – theiconic.com.au
£43 – asos.com
£15 – beautifulhalo.com
£130 – revolveclothing.com