… I know I made some.
It’s one of the iconic Carrie Bradshaw’s lines and also one that I mutter to myself quite often.
As my blog is in it’s very very early stages (I think I am in week 2 of blogging), it might be fun for you to get to know me a bit better. So, here it goes, 10 random facts about me:
1. I am originally from Lithuania but have lived in the UK for almost 10 years.
2. I am a chartered accountant.
3. When I am sad, I watch Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s stone.
4. If Harry Potter does not do the trick, I put on Relentlessly Red by Mac, which is my favorite lipstick.
5. My first designer hand bag was Chloe’s Padlock bag.
6. I have always wanted to see the northern lights and went to Iceland last year to do so. It was cloudy the whole time and I saw nothing.
7. I am addicted to Serial podcasts. Did Adnan do it? Didn’t he? Why would Jay lie?
8. My favourite TV show at the moment is ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’.
9. Peonies are my favorite flowers.
10. McDonald’s applie pie is still one of my favorite desserts ever.
So, I got myself in a bit of a pickle… Let’s be honest, I love clothes and beauty products, but tend to go overboard sometimes (5 different types of body lotion at any time, anyone?). I live in a rented 1 bed flat with my fiance (we got engaged on Saturday. It is not relevant to this post but I am incredibly excited so have been mentioning it in any conversation I have. With anyone. Anywhere)) which means the place gets cluttered easily. And at the moment, the situation has reached critical levels. My bathroom shelves are stuffed and clothes are all over the place as we do not have enough storage.
In an attempt to declutter and organise, I am introducing a ‘5 out 1 in’ rule for beauty related products i.e. I can only purchase a new product once I have used up 5 old ones. And no cheating by throwing away half finished products.
It’s more complex when it comes to clothes – I don’t want to just start chucking things to make space for new purchases. I think for clothes it will be more the case of 1 out 1 in (although it does not help me with the cluttering problem at all). Scrap that, 2 out – 1 in. The key is to donate or throw away things I don’t wear anymore or don’t fit me anymore and get my mess under control.
Anyhoo, the point is, I am introducing a first series in the blog ‘5 out 1 in’. The idea is that the blog posts will do a mini review of the beauty/skin products I have used up and introduce the 1 product I purchase. For clothing items, I will give some background to why the item is leaving my wardrobe and also introduce it’s replacement.
Expect the first post in the series in the next couple of weeks!